Are you hoping to give your salon a promotional boost? You have come to the right place! Not only are we your one-stop shop for purchasing professional hair care products, but we are also your partner for the latest information on marketing, hair styling and color techniques and more.
Marketing is just as critical as using using high-quality hair salon supplies because it ensures that salons are successful and that they stay busy. That’s why we have rounded up the best marketing ideas for salons.
You should apply these marketing ideas to your salon’s business and adapt them to fit the unique aspects of your salon.
13 Marketing Ideas for Salons
From digital to physical marketing, these are the practices you should be focusing on to boost your salon’s presence and business.
- Creating a User-Friendly Website Does your salon have a website? If not, it absolutely should. This is the place where clients can find your services, get to know your staff and determine if your salon is the right choice for them. You should include your services and a range of prices, as well as information on how your potential clients can book you.
- Establish Your Social Media Presence Similar to having a website, your salon needs to stay active on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and Twitter. Social media can be one of the most effective marketing platforms for salons as it allows you to communicate with your clients in organic and unique ways.
- Incorporate SEO Into Your Digital Marketing Have you ever heard of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? It basically determines where your website shows up on Google — and if you have SEO-optimized content on your website, you are more likely to be seen by potential clients than your competitors. If we’re new to SEO, don’t worry! There are plenty of SEO for beginners guides available to reference.
- Partner with Other Local Businesses If your salon is located in a busy part of town where there are other businesses like restaurants, spas and shops, you can partner with your neighbors to offer discounts or just hang fliers up in their shop to promote your business.
- Offer Regular Promotions An effective marketing technique is offering regular promotions to help encourage new and potential clients to check out your salon. Whether you offer a promotion every month or you have a day of the week where you provide a discount on a particular service, you will see an influx of customers.
- Create a Client Email List and Send Regular Messages Does your salon currently leverage an email list? You most likely have most of your clients’ emails and contact information. So, you should turn that information into an email list that you send regular e-blasts out to. This is an effective marketing approach because you can send promotional information or remind clients to make follow-up appointments with your salon.
- Work with Local Influencers on Social Media Client testimonials are one of the most effective marketing strategies, but they can be hard to come by. You can hire a social media influencer to come into your salon and share their experience. Not only will you get content that you can repurpose on social media, but you will also gain access to that influencer’s followers.
- Create Thought Leader Blog Posts A great way to create SEO-driven content is by writing informative posts on your salon’s blog. Share tips and insight on topics your clients would be interested in reading to draw new clients in. There are tons of topic ideas to choose from—Styling tips, how-tos, color trends—the list goes on! You can even touch on salon business topics or expert advice from top stylists in the business.
- Leverage Paid Advertisements If you have a website and a social media presence, but you aren’t getting in front of as many new eyes as you would have hoped for, try leveraging paid Google, Facebook and Instagram ads. This is effective because it lets you determine who exactly you want to reach.
- Create Compelling Social Media Video Content The key to getting noticed on social media today is through eye-catching video content. Whether you have stylists take videos of their process or cool before-and-after videos, this content has the potential to make your salon viral.
Source: Yuliya Gorshkova | Dreamstime.com
- Share Products with Clients to Boost Retail Sales As your stylists are performing their services, have them organically weave in information about the products they are using to drive retail sales and product revenue.
- Host Social Media Giveaways If you want to convert your social media followers into clients, host social media giveaways that get your followers engaged and excited about your services.
- Use SMS Communication to Keep in Touch with Clients Have you ever tried texting your clients about promotions and appointment reminders? Using booking software that allows for SMS communication is a great way to keep in touch with clients and compel them to come into your salon.
How many of these marketing ideas can you implement into your strategy today?