Are you planning to elevate your barber shop with interior decor? While decorating and designing the inside of your shop may seem like a challenging process, there are some simple barber shop design ideas that will make all the difference in the look and feel of your space.
Creating a beautifully designed space that appeals to your clientele is critical in retaining your clients and providing an experience they appreciate. For many, going to the barber shop is a ritual that they look forward to. The look and feel of your shop plays a big role in creating that experience for clients, as well as communicating to potential clients that they should choose your shop.
If you’re unsure about where to start when it comes to interior design, we will walk you through some of our favorite decor ideas for barber shops. From organizing hair salon supplies to investing in sharp and sleek barber chairs and stations, these decor ideas will instantly give your shop a facelift.
There are several ways to turn your barber shop into a vibey space where your clients and people will love to spend time.
1. Add a Fresh Coat of Paint – Sometimes, all a barber shop needs is a fresh coat of paint or a change in color. If you’re trying to create a moody space that looks sharp, you could add a black statement wall or use deep tones to paint the entire shop.
2. Invest in New Barber Chairs and Equipment – If your equipment needs to be replaced, consider purchasing chairs that fall in line with your shop’s aesthetic and help to elevate the space. While chairs and stations are very functional, they can also serve as decor.
3. Display Your Tools – If you keep your salon and barber tools out in the open, there are unique ways to display them and organize them in a way that adds to the shop’s aesthetic.
4. Go Bold with Neon Signs – Neon signs are a great way to make a barber shop feel cool and new. You can enhance your shop’s branding and presence with a neon logo or get a neon sign that boasts a phrase or motto your people live by.
5. Add Classic Elements – If your barber shop pays homage to the traditional barber shop, you could incorporate classic elements and decor like a barber pole. You can also collect vintage barber shop pieces and display them on the walls to give your new shop a vintage feel that makes anyone feel at home.
6. Replace Lighting – If your shop’s lighting is feeling a little dull, you can easily add to the vibrance of your shop by replacing light bulbs or fixtures with brighter bulbs and new lights. This will breathe new life into your space instantly.
7. Get Indoor Plants – Plants instantly give any space a new and refreshing look. In a barber shop, these plants can brighten the space and help to create a new aesthetic.
8. Leverage Wall Storage as Decor – Are you looking for ways to creatively display STMNT hair products? Use floating wall shelves to display retail products in a visually appealing way.
How to Determine Your Barber Shop’s Aesthetic
You may have noticed that we used the word aesthetic a few times in this article. An aesthetic is what your barber shop looks and feels like inside. If you’re not sure what your barber shop’s aesthetic is, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
What does your barber shop logo’s space currently look and feel like?
Does the inside of your shop resonate with an industrial, modern, mid-century or classic barber shop?
What colors does the barber shop use a lot?
What colors is the logo made out of?
Who is your clientele?
What do you want your barber shop to look like?
By asking yourself these questions, you may reveal the kind of style you want your barber shop to fit into as well as colors and design aspects you like.
Every barber shop has its own unique aesthetic and vibe. If you love some of these design ideas, feel free to put your own spin on them to make them work for your space.